Wednesday 12 February 2014

Fashion February | Week 2

Here is my post for the 2nd week of Fashion February, and the topic for this is Harem Pants - also known as "hammer pants". So without further ado, lets get on with the post.

Now personally, when i first think of harem pants, my brain goes into full on MC Hammer cringe mode. But now you can find all sorts of different "Hammer Pants" with different designs. I prefer designs that are quite subtle, as I think the pants on their own are quite a statement, so finding simple block colour black pairs or patterned monochrome style pants are just enough for me.

Also a bonus extra part, is to try and include the bonus accessory. This weeks accessory was an Ear Cuff, so I have paired each outfit with its own Ear Cuff.

Here are some outfit ideas on what I would pair Harem Pants with If i had to incorporate them into an outfit.

harems and earcuffs - blog use.

harems and earcuffs - blog use. by yeahitsbex

Outfit 1: For this outfit the Harem Pants I chose were this light brown colour as they are subtle and I paired them with a slightly over-sized white box shape t-shirt because they go so well together; you could also wear a white graphic top. Then to add some edge to it the shoes I chose were Jeffrey Campbell Litas (I know I know, I use them all the time!) Finally I incorporated an ear cuff supporting the edgy vibe again with the hanging spike and grungy silver colour, then topping it off with a simple black fedora.

Outfit 2: As the base of this outfit I chose a simple classic black pair of Harem Pants, and to go with this I decided to stick to the monochrome theme as I really like it. I then paired this amazing marl looking monochrome knitted cardigan and I love the shape of it and think it softens the look making it more wearable; you could also wear a plain block colour top under this or even add a pop of colour with the t-shirt. The Ear Cuff I chose for this was a little bit more 'blingy' and I chose it because I really liked the shape and especially as the outfit is monochrome, adding gold and a few diamonds would look nice. Lastly to make the look more casual I paired it with a suede black pair of Vans.

Outfit 3: This outfit is quite casual because I chose to use Harem Pants that were a denim material which instantly make it quite laid back, but I chose this pale pink jumper/sweatshirt as it is a great colour and softens the look. Then instead of pairing it with more casual shoes, I decided on these amazing suede black heels because they would totally contrast which I think looks nicer and tidies the outfit up a bit. Finally I picked a gunmetal colour Ear Cuff so it didn't stand out too much.

If I had to buy them I would choose the brown or black pair as they are more subtle which I prefer. You can find the same style as the brown pair here (note that the brown is no longer available), and the black pair here.

In my opinion I dont really like the style, and sometime baggy clothes dont look right on me because I am rather petite. However I do like the brown and black pairs that look subtle and would probably wear thrm, and also they do look good in the comfort aspect. So overall I wouldnt go out and buy a pair in a hurry, or wear a statement pair. But as long as their subtle I wouldnt mind.

Would you wear them, what is your opinion on Harem Pants?

Bex



1 comment:

  1. Love these outfits! My personal favourite is the first one, so simple and basic but those harem pants have such a unique colour, and those shoes are fab!
    x Ali

    ReplyDelete